Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Speed Talkin

Ok so for my birthday (which has yet to occur) the members of my favorite group gave me a few presents. Although both early, they were much appreciated and I love them dearly for their thoughtfulness. Back on February 8, Krayzie Bone released a new album called Gemini: Good vs. Evil. The album is amazing. Excellent beats mixed with contemporary styles, well thought out lyrics, brilliant production, features all of Bone Thugs and of course, lightning quick delivery. From there, I was given another gift yesterday. Layzie Bone and Bizzy Bone created an album together called Bone Brothers. Guess who is featured all over it. If you have half a brain...you probably guessed Bone, and you would have been correct. Now what makes these 4 so appealing to the masses? Definitely the speed at which they rap. Speed talking is a definitive way of being cool. Yes I stated before that being a ninja made you cool...which it does...however, talking/rapping/rhyming/mumbling ridiculously fast is an instant in to the awesome club.

A perfect example of this is everyone’s favorite spokesman from the 80's: John Moschitta. You all know this guy from the Micro Machines commercials back in the 80's. He would come on screen and just talking obscenely fast, then at the end say the only intelligible thing which was the name of the product...mmmmmmmMicro Machines. This guy was freaking sweet...If you were to try to tell me that you didn't mimic him on the playground with your friends at recess, I'd probably kick you in the teeth for lying to me. The best part about this guy is only totally rad people know him for his true artwork. Being the voice of Blurr on the Transformers.

Vehicles, Planes and Dinosaurs (for those who really stuck with the show) that turn into robots is almost as good an idea as reptile ninjas. Transformers are the best forms of transportation one could hope to have. Assuming the automobile form, you could totally take a nap or play game boy or something other than drive cause they drive for you. If its the plane type...you are in a Jet, you'll be anywhere in like 10 min. If by Dinosaur, you'd be the coolest kid on the block. I mean I'd pledge my loyalty if I saw some dude riding around on a dinosaur (unless of course I saw another kid who was a ninja AND had a dinosaur).

The Transformers had it goin on, unless of course you were Megatron, who turned into a stupid gun...wow way to go...you turned into an inanimate object that requires someone else to be alive to be used, I hope you are proud of yourself. He couldn't even talk fast...pft...what a loser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home